Our school aims and vision are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Appleby Primary School promotes high achievement, personal development and learning for life through:
- Ensuring that each child can develop their full potential educationally, morally, spiritually, socially & emotionally.
- Providing a safe and attractive environment where everyone feels welcome, happy, secure and pupils know how to keep themselves safe.
- Providing each young person with the motivations and confidence to learn effectively with an enquiring mind.
- Promoting self-esteem, self-discipline and positive relationships based on mutual respect.
- Providing a culture of praise and encouragement where everyone thrives.
- Providing high quality teaching through a broad and balanced curriculum which is appropriately differentiated to meet each pupil’s individual needs.
- Teaching children to respect themselves and others and to take responsibility for their own actions and behaviour.
- Helping pupils to understand how their actions affect others and the world around them.
- Providing pupils with an informed view of life which develops and values a strong sense of right and wrong, enabling them to become thoughtful and caring members of a democratic society.
- Creating a partnership of support and effective communication between home, school and the wider community.
- Valuing each and every child regardless of their ability, culture, race, gender and religion.
- Maintaining and developing consistently high standards in all aspects across the school and enabling all staff to use their own professional expertise.