Our school aims and vision are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
At Appleby Primary School our vision is to create:
An inclusive community where together we empower creative
minds and inspire a love of learning.
Appleby Primary School will help pupils to:
- Become independent, self-motivated and confident individuals;
- Develop lively, enquiring, imaginative and creative minds;
- Be healthy and fit and understand how to maintain a healthy lifestyle;
- Embrace creativity;
- Develop the essential tools for life-long learning;
- Develop the ability to collaborate effectively within a working team; in school and in the wider community in which they live;
- Develop a reasoned set of attitudes, values and beliefs;
- Develop understanding of the world in which they live and of the independence of individuals, groups, nations and the environment;
- Experience awe and wonder through their learning;
- Appreciate themselves and each other as unique individuals;
- Become safe, tolerant and respectful active citizens;
- Build upon their strengths; empowered with the confidence to “fly”.